Thursday, January 15, 2009

Getting to know me


I am a 22 year old barrel racing horse lover currently living in Southern Arizona (after moving from Michigan in May 2008). I have three horses: Orion, a 10 month old gelding, Thunder, a 14 year old paint, and Titan, a 11 year old breeding stock paint.

I have barrel raced at local events and NBHA for many years and am now going to attempt to step up into the world of amateur rodeos and hopefully, down the road, get into the WPRA.

I enjoy cross training my horses in dressage and one day I hope to try eventing.

I'm also a crafter, I have an Etsy and Artfire shop. I make unique horseshoe dreamcatchers and I also crochet, knit, and play with leather a little.

This blog will be about my adventures in barrel racings, my training process, my horses, my tips and tricks, keeping my horses sound, and much more. I am sure there will be videos of my runs and photos of rodeos and barrel races. The first few months I will post more backstory on myself and my horses, as I will be working toward getting a truck and can not yet travel to races.

2 comments:

  1. New blog is looking great! It'll be fun seeing your horse pictures and stories about barrel racing, as I am more the dressage and jumping kinda gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been tagged! By Fused Glass at http://fusedglass.blogspot.com/ so I must post the rules in my blog. Here they are:

    * Link to the person who tagged you


    * Post the Rules in your Blog

    * Write 7 Random things about yourself

    * Tag 7 people at the end of your post and link to them

    * Let each Person know they've been tagged

    ReplyDelete